Thursday, May 2, 2013

The World is Still Turning...

and I haven't fallen off the face of it.
www.commenthaven.comwww.commenthaven.com

Lifeisshort picture for facebook


So I've been so busy it's not even funny. Between personal stuff and working on things for the graduation party, I've been a little overwhelmed. Today I want to show you one of things I made for the grad party though. They are centerpieces.

First let me give you a little history. The party is for two siblings both graduating from College. One will be graduating as a nurse and the other's degree is in Computer Science. The nurse ideas were pretty easy. There's lots of things you can do for that. Computers...not so easy. So what I'm showing you is one of the things I came up with for the computer guy. I think they are fun pieces that accentuate computer usage in what ever he chooses to do with the degree. Everyone using computers needs a key board right? Well at least for now until touch screens take over! So here is what I made:


















I purchased the weighted star thingies (I know your jealous that I know the technical term!), took all the keys off an old keyboard, and glued them onto the wired strands and around the base of the weight. Simple but effective. Once you see the table clothes I created it will all make sense together. Can't show you that until Sunday though!

So I apologize for my absence  hope you all stuck with me, and can wait a few days for life to get back to normal (well that's relative isn't it LOL). I promise a full scale showing of the party creations on Sunday and Monday. Thanks for being patient and for being so loyal.

Much love yo you all!
~Deb~

18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea.
    Great job honey and can't wait to see it all finished :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Deb, can't wait to see it all when it is finished. Hugs, Jen :-) x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb,
    Your centerpieces turned out great! I just asked my dad if he had an old keyboard I could have. Because I want to pop off the keys and use them for something, so to me this is kinda funny that you used keys on your centerpieces! That truly is a great idea! I think your computer grad is just going to love them!! Cant wait to see the rest of your party! Have fun!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully creative!! You are such an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, these are absolutely awesome. I love them. You are a genius for sure. I always suspected you were amazing, but now I know it for sure. Love them Sweetie, Hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy your silly! I'm no genius but thanks for thinking that I am! hugs my friend.

      Delete
  6. Happy weekend my dear friend^_^
    Another wonderful idea^_^
    Gorgeous work^_^
    Big hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, love your center pieces, they look fantastic, must have been soooo much work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually they took about 30 minutes to make them all. Super easy. Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  10. What great centerpieces!! Can't wait to see the whole ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for all the lovely kind comments. You make me feel so smart!!! Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You shοuld be a part of a contest fоr one of thе greateѕt ѕіtes on the net.
    I'm going to highly recommend this web site!

    Feel free to visit my site - diamondlinks review

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!