Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Auction Pieces

My friend L Miriam Meserve of Miriam's Crafting Supplies is opening a brick and mortar store. The DT for Miriam's Crafting Supplies along with a few friends are helping her host an auction of handmade items to raise money to help with her endeavor. Where she lives there is no craft stores within a reasonable distance so we hope that her store is a rousing success and we want to do everything we can to help our fellow crafters and entrepreneurs. So I have made a set of wine glass charms. I am also doing a tutorial with it in case you don't win the item or can't afford to bid on them. Please though, someone bid! She needs our help!

So here we go...

Wine Glass Charm Tutorial

Supply Item list -

1. Wine glass rings (available now in my store which I haven't announced anywhere yet so your the first to know! Details at the bottom of the page)
2. Your choice of beads
3. A hanging charm for each ring. Mine are from Miriam's Crafting Supplies and are all based around this months WINGS theme
4. Jewelry pliers
















Assembly -

1. Take a ring and your pliers.
2. Open the ring and then gently bend back the notch.

 

3. Start stringing your beads in the order you desire. I used some rhinestone dangle charms along with metal beads. To get the rhinestone to show I just gave them a gentle twist bending the top enough for it to lay flatter. These dangle stones are also available in my store!









4. When all your beads and your charm are on the ring, gently bend your notch back in place.









And there you have the finished product! Here's a few pictures of the set I made.


















Miriam's Auction will be held July 27th - July 30th. Go bid on some of the magnificent projects there! It isn't a big auction, but every little bit helps when your raising money :) I will put the link up the day of the auction so look for it Friday morning!

Now for the details that only YOU will know at the moment about my store. I currently have about 75 items listed and have more coming in daily, which is why I haven't announced it yet. Before I make the BIG announcement, I want to be fully stocked. The theme tends towards wedding and shabby chic. It's mostly lace, doilies and a few other embellishments and glass crystals.  I do have one EXCITING new tool that I'll be bringing to all of you but I am saving that for the day I make the announcement so it isn't up yet. I'll be giving some of them away so stay tuned! In the mean time I'd love for you to check it out.

One of the very unique things about my store is that you can ORDER IN 1/2 YARD INCREMENTS. I know how many times you don't need a full yard and now, you don't have to worry about all those left overs...unless you want to that is! You can order as many 1/2 yards as you think you want and you will get it in a continuous piece. I hope you like this new idea!



Here's the link:      Gone Artsy  Hope you stop by and take a look and let me know what you think!


So that's it for me today!

Love ya!
~Deb~

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!