Friday, September 13, 2013

DT Collaboration Projects

It's Friday the 13th! Are you superstitious? This little tag I'm showing today is all about evil...in a shabby, funny kind of way LOL. She's not really evil but I had to say SOMETHING about the date hehehe!

So my DT mates and I were paired up over on the BLING CHRONICLES for a project this month. As pairs we could chose together what we wanted to work with or do as a project type and then we were to both take our own view of it and make something. My partner was the fabulous Nicky Wilcox of Lady Jasmine's Crafts. Together we decided to do a tag with the dimensions of 4x6" and use an image of a gorgeous woman which you'll see featured on both our projects.

For my project, I cheated just a smidge! I couldn't make the 6" length work with the owl that I wanted to use so I increased my tag to 4x7" (I know, I know, I'm just not a follow directions kinda person!) Since It was for Friday the 13th and I wanted to use the owl, I decided my gorgeous gal had to become a gorgeous witch. So I printed her on light green paper to give her a tinge of greenish skin. I debated about layering paper on the black tag before attaching her but in the end I decided simple was better so the focus remained on all the embellishments. So here she is in all her witchy wickedness...



































See the hat? That's made out of a pie tin. I cut the edge and then cut a triangle out of the center, glued it back together then painted it gold and sprayed it with TH Lettuce to give it that hint of green again. Here's a close up.















I hope you'll hop over and see what Nicky did with her inspiration pieces too! Click here to go straight to her project ---> Nicky Wilcox DT Collaboration Tag

Hope your Friday the 13th is totally uneventful :)

Love ya,
~Deb~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!