Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A St. Pat's Freebie

Let me start by saying, I'm not Irish. I don't celebrate St. Patrick's day and I don't wear green. If you pinch me I'll pinch back! Yep, I'm a little cranky like that.

I do however, love watching everyone else celebrate and be silly. Guess we all have holiday's that mean more to us then others. So in the vein of giving to those who would like to celebrate, I have a freebie for you. 

I recently started buying some books with royalty free images that I could alter. I'm still learning Paint Shop Pro and I definitely make mistakes, but I am having fun with it and that's what it's all about right? I thought learning with pre-created images before I try to digitize Jen's and my work would be a good way to practice making PNGs. So for my first debut of playing with PPS...
Put it on a black or gray background and tell me how I did, honestly. Thanks guys! PLEASE link up your creation in the sidebar if you use it.

Love ya,
~Deb~

6 comments:

  1. Hi Deb :-)
    Well, I downloaded them to have a look.
    They are very fuzzy/blurred so can't be enlarged and although there are little bits of white showing round the edges, it's not too bad.
    However, I did notice that they are only 150 dpi. This would make them blurry and more difficult for you to extract when you work on them at your end, ALSO they only open with PSE9 and not everybody has that.
    May I make a few suggestions???
    When you scan your image into PSE.. once it's in there change the size of the image to 300 dpi AT LEAST. Most images should also be about 1200 pixels in one direction or the other too.
    If you start with 300dpi it will give you a better outline to work with.
    When/if you start putting your own drawings in there, make sure you are at 300dpi when you start. If you don't do this, when the image is enlarged it pixelates and is blurry.
    When you finish and you Save them, they need to be saved at JPEG, PNG, + TIFF so that they are accessible to other people. Because your images are saved in PSE that is the only place they can be opened. I also found that it told me they needed 'video' to be viewed, so I am not sure what is happening there.
    Let me know if you don't get what I'm saying here :-)
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ike, this is great information! I'm printing this out to save while I work on it in the future. Thanks so much for helping me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl on learn.ing all of this!! I think my brain is basically too lazy LOL Thanks for your regular visits my way..I have finally tracked you down and am following you here. I've offered lots of images so if you practice with them let me know how it goes! HUgs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I have a lazy brain sometimes too but after a while it gets boring doing the same ol' same ol'. Glad you caught up with me :) Thanks for being a follower!

      Delete
  4. HA! I hadn't seen this when I made my pinch printable. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and that's why I loved your little art piece :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!