Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Angela Holt Designs Blog Hop

Woo hoo! It's our first Design team blog hop and I'm so excited! I started designing for Angela Holt back in August. We've gone through several changes along the way but we are all in cruising mode now and things are going great as a team. I love Angela's shabby creations and she's taught me a lot in the few short months I've been with her. I adore using her products and she's awesome at finding us sponsors!

This months sponsor was Graphic 45. We had the honor of working with their 12 Days of Christmas line. Let me tell you that was not an easy feat. Cutting up the beautiful paper was nerve wracking! I want to keep their paper forever, when I get it, just to be able to stare at it in awe. Well that was not to be this time as they gave me the products to make something to share and inspire you so cut I did! You can see the details below.

If you arrived here from Rhonda's blog then your in the right place, but if you stopped by because you're a follower of mine, be sure to start at the beginning to increase your chances of winning prizes. The order is as follows (click on the names to go to the blogs):

Angela Holt 
Rhonda M Bewley-Ratliff
Deb Ochs-LaGrone (that's me!)
Nicky Wilcox
Stephanie Bargelski
Itza Gomez

Today is only the first of the hop projects. Be sure to come back Thursday for an entirely new set of projects from all the hop designers! My Thursday project will feature Angela's fabulous November edition Shabby Chic Kit. Sign ups for her December kit will begin November 1st and are only available for purchase for 1 week. Don't get left behind and miss out by not getting your order in on time!

With out further ado...My Graphic 45 Design Team Project





























I created a hot air balloon ornament using a burned out light bulb. I started by putting alcohol ink in cranberry all over the glass part of the bulb. Then I cut a strip of the Graphic 45 My True Love paper and adhered it to the silver bottom of the bulb. I lined the inside with some hanging bead trim and the outside with some opalescent goldish thin ribbon as a border.

Next I created the basket area. I took apart a ring box and created the basket bottom by adhering more of the My True Love paper. Trimmed it with the same dangle trim, added some of the beautiful leaf lace pieces from Angela's Shabby Chic Kit in the corners. 



Next I added the strands of seed beads to make the beaded bunting look on the bulb and draped the pieces down to attach to the basket. When I had it as level as I could get it, I reinserted the slotted ring holder piece, fussy cut one of the dancing ladies to sit in the basket, and started embellishing.

I added loads of flowers, in colors to match the G45 paper, a few pieces of fussy cut pears, trees and other odds and ends. I wanted this ornament to be fully loaded!

























Graphic 45 also included a set of their fabulous tags so I took two of those and cut out the 12 days of Christmas sign to attach at the top and a Seasons Greetings sign for the bottom.

























And here's a view of the back...




























This paper is just stunning and so great to work with! It's sturdy enough to hold it's shape when it's fussy cut and the double sides allow it to look great from the back view as well. I really enjoyed working with this collection! I'm sure you'll see more as we get closer to Christmas.

So if you've reached the bottom and are still reading, here's the info about the prize I'll be giving away on my blog only for this hop. It will be available only to those who:

1. Leave a loving comment on each designers hop page (that means 12 comments 6 for today and 6 for Thursday's edition)
2. Enter your info in the linky tool that will be available on Thursdays blog post.

Pretty easy huh? You won't get to see the prize package until Thursday either but I'm hoping you're excited enough to come back, enjoy our inspiration projects, and find out what you could win! Prizes will be awarded after the hop ends on Friday November 1st. Check back on Saturday to see if you won! Now...

Be sure to come back and follow the hop again Thursday. Be on your way to your next stop now, the fabulous Nicky Wilcox.

Love ya,
~Deb~




28 comments:

  1. very lovely one Deb.. You always amaze me with your embellishing!! Just a small suggestion.. You could do something like this for your daughter's wedding.. I think it would be awesome!! But again, I'm not sure if it'll fit into her wedding theme.. and thanks for letting know about the blog hop.. I will visit each of the DT's blog :)
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Berina! Not sure how I would work into her scheme but maybe something similar will arise! Great suggestion :) Glad you're hopping with us!!!

      Delete
  2. This is tooo cute Deb.... very creative :D
    ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning creation Deb, the embellishments are all wonderful. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen and thanks for hopping with us! Enjoy :)

      Delete
  4. just ONE DAY would i like to spend "looking thru your eyes". you see some really creative and gorgeous things!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Stef you're so sweet! I'll be living closer soon and maybe we can get the chance to meet and you can have that look! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Deb, love this project of yours !! some great upcycling here along with the fabulous graphic 45 papers !! love the idea of using a light bulb for the balloon and the ring box for the basket is a genius, love how you have fixed the lady image in the slot for the ring.....am sure gonna go looking for some ring boxes to upgrade. This is truly fantastic !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suman! Can't wait to see what you create! Link it up in my sidebar so everyone has a chance to visit and see your inspiration piece when you find that ring box.

      Delete
  6. Oh Deb, This is just beautiful. Did you have to do anything to the light bulb before you painted it? Can't wait to see what else you ladies come up with. hugs, Pam Sutton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I washed the bulb really good but beyond that no, just applied the ink. An after thought is that I think it should probably be sealed since I could see my fingerprints in it when I was done embellishing...shhhh no one can see it in the pics LOL

      Delete
  7. What a neat idea! I love hot air balloons! I love all the flowers and beads you used! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting and becoming a new follower Amanda! Hope you enjoy the hop and stop back for the second half! Hugs my new friend :)

      Delete
  8. Your hot air balloon is fabulous ... great work.
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, hope you're enjoying the hop! :)

      Delete
  9. What a fabulous project and so creative, love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jane! Enjoy all the inspiration projects along the way and don't forget to come back on Thursday for more! :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you Nicky the fabulous! :) Coming over to your site now to finish up my hopping!

      Delete
  11. Holy Moly Debs .. this is AMAZING! What a clever idea and it is just stunning! I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for Thursday! Awesome!
    Thanks for inspiration!
    Darlene
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this concept!!! All the details are amazing!!!! The concept is soooo innovative as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deb I like this. Never thought you could make something like this from a light bulb.

    ReplyDelete
  14. An amazing decoration and a brilliant idea to use a light bulb. The flowers, beads and the papers are wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deb this project blew me away. You are so very clever and this is very artistic.
    I am loving this fun hop!!! My first.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Deb ..this is gorgeous!! I luf the paper too. and you know I luf hot air balloons.. this is to die for! .... . Shirley Major

    ReplyDelete
  17. This ornament is divine. So creative. Details are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful that's all I got to say :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!