Monday, October 15, 2012

Poker

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! It was a very busy one for me so I didn't get time to post yesterday. Today I'll try to make up for that.

My husband plays poker once a week at a local joint and they instituted a new rule. They have to use a cover for their cards. Now I don't play other than for fun so I had never heard of this before but apparently it's not uncommon. He tasked me with making him something to use. Here's what I came up with:


I found pictures of an entire set of cards on the net and shrunk them to the size I needed. Then I laminated them in families with the highest poker hand possible, a royal flush or royal straight, something like that LOL. Then I used two cheap poker chips with a washer inbetween to mount them to. On top I put the sentiment, also laminated in case anyone got excited and spilled a drink they woeln't ruin it. I was able to find this awesome crown that looked kind of manly at Michaels, so I mounted that on top. He loves it so I count it as mission accomplished! Now my future son in law wants one too. Hmm a skull maybe?

I created several cards this weekend but none of them are 100% complete so I guess you'll have to check back later in the week to see what I came up with. Anticipation. I will tell you this much...more Iris folds. I'm loving that technique right now!

In the meantime, here's a couple cards I created earleir last week. A twisted easel card and a vintage card.



Supplies:
Green Reflections CS
Recycled Roses from a topiary I had
Hunter Green flowers from Michaels
Papers from Rdickson and Nellie's Place
Sentiment from Auntie Social
Tree Image Michelle Perkett
Fireplace Image I have no idea, I can't even find where I stored it! If it's yours let me know so I can give you credit.
 Supplies:
White Reflections CS
Gold Reflections CS
Page torn from a bible that I bought at Salvation Army just for this purpose
Gold Rose made from ribbon I purchased at the dolla tree
Metal flowers from Pick Your Plum
White flower from Michael's
Foliage MS punch
Christmas Paper Bearly Mine Designs
Image Imagene's Vintage Gratis

I made the angel stickpin with stuff from my Michaels and Hobby Lobby stash. I think she turned out very pretty.

'til later!

Love ya,
~Deb~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!