1. Supplies: 8x8 squares of burlap, previously made fortune cookies, bakers twine, cups,(not shown - glue of choice, rubber bands, scissors)
2. 9oz plastic cups/tumblers
3. put some glue on the bottom of the cup
4. Place a square of burlap on top of glue and press down, let dry
5. Put stripes of glue all over outer sides of cup
6. Pull burlap up an smooth into glue folding as necessary. Place a rubber band around it until dry.
7. Cut off the excess to give a round look to the burlap on the cup. DO NOT THROW AWAY! Tie your bakers twine around the top of the cup. Shred the cut pieces of burlap by pulling it apart.
8. Form a half of a paper towel into a ball and place in bottom of cup, place shredded burlap on top to cover towel.
9. Color in your image of choice ( I used an image from Karen's Doodles and then colored it in paint. I wanted a rustic but whimsical look so I didn't completely fill it in as you can see in the snippet). Fussy cut it.
10. Place your cut out image in the back and place your desired number of fortune cookies in each.
I've included the "fortunes" I used. Some were reworded from those on the Kind Over Matter site and some where inspirational quotes I found in a book or online. Feel free to use them or write your own!
I actually have two sets, if you'd like the second sheet just email me and I'll get it right out to you.