Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It's my Baby's Birthday! Oh yeah and Halloween too

He, He, He...I have to put him before Halloween don't I? My baby turns 17 today. Geesh I feel old. I'll only have a child for one more year...
That's how I feel today, going from laughing to crying. What in the world happened to all the time? They were so sweet when they were little. I miss my babies.

OK enough feeling sorry for myself. Pull up the boot straps and onward! So I thought I would share my favorite picture of him when he was little.

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!-- http://www.spacegun.co.uk -->var message = "function disabled";function rtclickcheck(keyp){ if (navigator.appName == "Netscape" && keyp.which == 3){ alert(message); return false; }if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE") != -1 && event.button == 2) { alert(message); return false; } }document.onmousedown = rtclickcheck;</SCRIPT>
 
He was so darn cute don't ya think?
 
And here he is a year and a half ago...he hasn't let us take a pic since :(  He's a stubborn kid.
 
 
 My son is totally into WOW, Anime' and such so I thought I'd make him a Japanese style card. Sureya has such beautiful images so I used one of hers as my main guide. Nothing to fussy since he's not a fussy kid.


The image is titled Prince Hyde. What better Anime' image to use for a birthday than a boy with a crown. The sword is an MS clip art image that I modified a little and fussy cut then stuck up on pop dots. It was hard to get the dots small enough so they wouldn't show so you can see them just a hair. The script spells out happy birthday in Japanese.


The background paper here is a map of Japan I found online then singed the edges. I used the same MS clip art at the bottom of the sentiment. I added the Happy Birthday to the top of the original sentiment that was made by Pink Cat Studio. Looking at it now I think I'll take my gold gel pen and color in the crown.


On the very inside, behind the joy fold is another map but this time one of just Tokyo. So what do you think? Will it work for a 17 year old?

David collects Japanese swords and knives to hang on the wall and I've bought him some before. They are a little pricey and with me not working now I was having a hard time justifying such an expensive gift. They usually run between $100-$200. Boy did I get lucky! I found one through a friend of my daughters for $30 and it looks brand new! When he opens it (sort of) I'll post a pic. We've decided to send him on a scavenger hunt for it since it's a bit awkward to wrap. He'll hate that but we'll love it! A parents got to have some fun too lol.

OK it is Halloween so here's my acknowledgement of it. A freebie for you. It's a PD image I thought was appropriate for the day considering the holiday and I'm feeling my age he he he. Enjoy and please leave comments! I love to hear from my readers!

Happy Haunting!

Love ya,
~Deb~

1 comment:

  1. This piece of writing presents clear idea in support of the new visitors
    of blogging, that genuinely how to do blogging and site-building.


    Have a look at my website :: Psn Code Generator

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!