Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Valentines Cube

So I saw a couple of really pretty cubes that were done vintage style and I considered making one. Then, I got this cute Hershey wrapper from Paulette at Create with TLC as part of her Valentines Club Kit. I was sold! I may not use it as it was intended but the paper was fab-u-lous! If you haven't tried her clubs you should! Worth every penny, she give you sooo much stuff! But I am getting off topic so back to the project...

I had ordered some 1 1/2" solid wood blocks from Pick Your Plum for Jen's future MIL, she wants to make some ornaments for next Christmas. So with the blocks already in my possession  and the wrapper/paper from the club kit, I knew I had to make a Valentine's Cube.

First I edited the wrapper so I only had parts of it in the correct measurements to fit the blocks. Then I brushed some glue on the blocks, adhered the papers, sanded and distressed it lightly. I added some matching ribbon, an organza rose that I tipped with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, and a chip board key from the packs I told you about last post. I painted the key silver first, just one light coat. Then I dry brushed some black paint to highlight the raised areas. Lastly I used more Worn Lipstick ink to add some pinkish color to it. Then after adhering these,I used some Glossy Accents and dotted the polka dots on the sides that said "valentine" and sprinkled it with white glitter to accentuate the dots. I added the pearl heart ribbon around the top edge and then finally I placed two pink lace flowers, one on each side of the blocks to hide where the papers met. All told, took less than an hour to create start to finish including dry time.

























So that's my first Valentines project!

Love ya,
~Deb~

2 comments:

  1. These are really cute! Must check out the links, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Astrid! I am so often inspired by you that it is nice to hear that you like my creation.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!