Thursday, January 3, 2013

Word for the Year 2013

New Years resolutions never seem to work for me. I make a resolution and then don't follow through. This year I'm making it simple and using the word of the year idea instead. My word for 2013 will be HEAL. Heal myself, my family, my work, and hopefully the world since it needs a LOT of healing.

For those of you who have followed me since the beginning you probably already know that I had an extremely rough year in 2012. I've done a lot of healing and growing already but I feel like I have more to do. So everyday I will look at the word which I hung on my office wall and remember to try to heal, to try to let things go, to live as if I am happy and that mindset will make me happy. I have so much to be grateful for and I include all of you in that healing, growing, grateful circle. Thank you for all the encouragement and fabulous comments.

My family has gone through some changes as well. My son decided to go live with his Dad and that has taken some major healing for all of us left behind. We deal with that in our own ways but slowly we are all healing.

Work was a major healing point in 2012. I left a job in which I loved what I did but the environment was toxic. This blog and crafting became my healing venue. I hope to inspire others with it, and learn from others to make my art better. My plans were to open a digi store and start an Internet business of event planning. That may not happen as my husband has been layed off and I may have to look for a "real" job in order to pay the bills so this will be an area in which we need to heal in 2013.

The world...wow. There is so much hatred and anger out there and while I may not be able to heal it personally, I can pray every day that things will get better. No more shootings, no more bickering and stand offs in the US government, no more discrimination, no more hunger, the list can go on forever so simply put NO MORE! I am going to pray that peace and happiness fills every ones hearts and maybe that will help start healing the world.

I apologize for such a downer blog post but you all know now why I have been spotty with my blogging lately. I cherish each and every one of you and together we can make this world a better place! So let's begin 2013 in a happier place by celebrating each others talent! Here's a digi signifying healing and I challenge you to design something with it and link your creation here. There's a linky tool in the side bar, please use it. I need some inspiration from you and this is a fun way to give it to each other!

 
Love ya,
~Deb~

6 comments:

  1. Deb, I for one am so happy I found your blog and that you have shared your life with us. You are amazing and don't ever let anyone tell you differently. 2013 is a year of healing and restoration . I believe it and know it in my spirit. God is a healer and restorer and He is moving on those who want to be healed and restored. Love you bunches Hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy, I'm gald you found me too. You always say the kindest things and I am so grateful to you. Love you too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post and I can relate to it on so many levels. I think your word choice is perfect. Happy New Year and look forward to visiting often in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol so glad you visited! I've been following you for a little while now and you inspire me. Happy new Year to you too.

      Delete
  3. This is the very first time I have come to your blog. And the "word" for 2013 just captured my curiousity. Wow ... I just don't know how to tell you what an impact your thoughts were on this day. "HEAL" it says so much and so much more. I praise you for the impact you had on me today. And, all I can say is thank you. If you have never been to my blog, please do stop by. I am at http://grands9creations.blogspot.com. I normally offer free daily wordart, but however I am leaving for my mother's again on April 10th. I truely believe that higher powers take you where you need to go and God directed me to your words. Hugs always, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, welcome to my blog. I'm so glad this post helped you in some small way. I really believe that people should help and support each other more and try my best to bring inspiration to others. Glad it found it's way to you! Big Hugs.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!