Saturday, December 8, 2012

Faux Letter Press

On Two Peas in a Bucket, they have lots of great tutorials. One of them was on doing faux letter press using an embossing folder. Looked easy enough. Roll on the floor and laugh now...it took me FOUR (4) tries to get a decent image print and I ended up using an ink pad because the first two (2) tries with paint just made a huge mess and ran in the lines. I simply couldn't get it on thin enough. Hmmmph! Anyway, here is the result.
 

The embossing folder is Crafts Too Decorations. Isn't it pretty? I did this on Recollections Shimmer CS, maybe that's where I went wrong though I really think it was the paint. I added some purple glitter with glossy accents to brighten it up. The sentiment is another Studio G stamp. See those three (3) little rhinestones by the sentiment? Well, I messed up the stamp and it smeared a little. I was
NOT

doing this a 5th time so I fixed it with stones.




It worked and in the end made a really pretty card.


 
Inside, I used the same purple shimmer CS and a simple Studio G ornament stamp in white. Distressed the edges a bit with Stampin' Up forest foliage ink (left from nearly 20 years ago and still works)  and some Ranger peeled paint ink.

Go ahead, give it a try and then tell me how easy it was for you...I can deal with it! LOL

Love ya,
~Deb~

2 comments:

  1. With paint it would be a nightmare to much pressure and BLOBS for sure I love it with the ink :)
    hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! They made it look so easy. Guess they know what they're doing and I just fumbled. But that's ok. In the end it worked.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!