Thursday, December 6, 2012

Felt Ornaments

Well I'm on the road to the show that starts tomorrow morning. I'll be staying at Mom & Dad's for the weekend which is about 6 hours from where I live. It's a great opportunity to sell and spend time with the family. Jen, my daughter is going with and I'm hoping she'll do some drawing while she's bored at the show LOL. While I'm gone I still wanted you to see some creations.

I found these felt ornaments at Michael's. They came four (4) to a pack and thought they would be cute elements on a card. I wanted to preserve them somewhat so that they could be removed and used if the recipient so chose.

The first were wonderful reindeer. The package came with white, red, green, and black. My choices were either white or black. I just couldn't get my head to accept a green or red deer. :) I went with black but I intend to make one with white later and just reverse the card colors.

I had bought this gorgeous ribbon at the Dollar Tree having no idea what I would do with it but I loved it so in the basket it went. It was perfect for this card. I covered the seam with some red rhinestones. On the deer, I used a versa mark pad and mushed over it a bit for glue to add just a touch of glitter. I know, I know, me and my glitter obsession. I'm a girl, what more can I say. Then I attached the deer with a brad so it was removable. I used a Studio G stamp for the sentiment and embossed it with black shiny powder, cut it out, and attached for more red stones in the corners. The CS was just basic white Recollections Paper.

On the inside, I used an image from Just Something I Made and then created the background and sentiment in Word. Luckily I had a font that matched the stamp.

 
I went retro with this card. I used some background paper and a sentiment from Trim Gym's. It was just so perfect for the image I chose from Peggy Loves Vintage. I thought the image was hilarious. The music in the background is from Graphics Fairy I believe, but I've had it for a while so not positive. The ribbon is more from the Dollar Tree. I'm telling you they have the BEST Ribbon and it's only a buck. Plain red Recollections CS for the actual card.

This ornament came in the same colors as the reindeer so naturally I went traditional since the front was retro. Couldn't use anything to "out there". I attached some round stones from my stash, attached with a brad and stamped the greeting in gold and then white.
 
So two cards with felt ornaments that were inexpensive but cute and hopefully useful to the recipients.
 
Love ya,
~Deb~

3 comments:

  1. Love the felts ornaments. What a marvelous find and they worked so well on the cards.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah, and they were a dollar/4 pack. Nice ro see you here again Lisa.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!