Monday, February 11, 2013

Playing With Texture

Come see the candy! Click here.

I've seen so many beautiful projects out there with texture I started playing around with different things to see what I could come up with. I knew I wanted to alter a box, wanted it to have dimension, yet be soft looking. I wasn't having much luck. I really didn't want to use fabric, ribbon, you know the old stand by's. I wanted unique. I tried mixing glues and paints, flour and paint, all kinds of odd things. Some looked okay but not quite was I was going for. Then I read an article on Shanna's blog that lead me to this blog...Angela Holt Designs and she's having a challenge with Virginia Dare's Designz idea. She came up with a design to mix Mod Podge and lightweight spackle for texturizing. I tried it today and it worked pretty good. I think mine could have been a bit stiffer so I will play with it some more, but here's what I came up with on my first attempt.








































I will be entering this into AH Designs Challenge Blog. (Virginia Dare's Designz Challenge)

Supplies:

Mod Podge
DAP Fast 'n Final lightweight spackling
Studio 18 papers
Ashland Acrylic Bird Bouquet
Flowers - Recollections & Spare Parts
Butterflies - Recollections & Michael's
Celebrate It wired yarn
Craftsmart Paints

Love ya,
~Deb~

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!