Sunday, November 11, 2012

On the Seventh Day of Thanksgiving Recipes...

This is probably going to sound like sacrilege. I hate pie. OK let me rephrase that, I hate pie crust. The filling is great but pie crust, no matter how flaky, tastes like floured cardboard to me. Well really it's more tasteless than that even. Don't get me wrong I eat pie, but I pick the crust off every time. So to get around that dilemma if you're like me, here's an alternative that's great! My mom makes this and it makes me happy!

Click to enlarge then right click to save.
 
I haven't tried it with other fruits like berries but I don't see why you couldn't do it. You might have to add a bit of cornstarch or extra flour because berries usually contain more juice but I bet it can be done. Hmmmm experiment time me thinks! I'll let you know how it turns out after the holiday.

Enjoy and have a stress free fabulous weekend!

Love ya,
~Deb~

2 comments:

  1. The Recipe looks good I don't mind pie crust but for pumpkin pie I have to make it with a graham cracker bottom and the pie turns into a chiffon so light and airy it's to bad he eats most of it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you , i don't like the crust and usually just eat the filling so this recipe is for me LOL. so glad I found your blog. sending hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!