Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Banner

Hi! I've been busy getting ready for Thanksgiving and I'm almost there! I wanted to share a quick project I made and encourage you to link up your pictures of any decorations you may have made. I'd love to see what you did to make your celebration special.


















I made this banner in MS Word. I simply inserted a shape (in this case the inverted triangle), stretched it to cover an entire piece of paper (simply for positional purposes, then added a letter and a Thanksgiving image then removed the triangle outline and printed. I repeated this for each letter.
When they were all printed I marked the center point of the bottom and used a paper cutter to cut them into triangles.

I had picked up some fall leaves at the Dollar Tree so I used these as my spacers. I glued each to the next using a hot glue gun. Then I cut a hole in the two end leaves and ran a piece of bakers twine about 12" long through it and tacked it up. The whole project took about 2 hours and it made a festive banner.

I am working on a table decoration now and will try to post that later today so you can get them made if you want to for your feast.

Please share your projects with all of us! In the left side bar there is a link up where you can show off your crafty self and we will all visit you on your blog. Don't have a blog? email me your project and I'll be happy to link it up for you. Can't wait to see how everyone is celebrating this holiday of thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!